T-Mobile 3G4GLTE Coverage & Performance
About the T-Mobile Wireless and Internet
T-Mobile®[+] is a leading provider of cell phone service, offering both prepaid and contact options to customers all over the country. Though coverage is available throughout the United States (and the world) only customers who live in certain areas can initiate service. The T-Mobile coverage map boasts that 96% of Americans can get coverage with their T-Mobile service.
Data Services Available from T-Mobile
T-Mobile offers both 3G and 4G LTE coverage[+] for data services.
- 3G:3G coverage is available throughout the T-Mobile network, and appears to be available wherever 4G LTE coverage is available. Coverage may sometimes be offered by a partner network
- 4G: T-Mobile only offers 4G LTE coverage.
- LTE:T-Mobile claims to have the nation’s largest 4G LTE network. It is true there are only a few spots on the nationwide map that indicate no coverage. Some areas will have stronger 4G LTE connections than others, and some areas may receive coverage from a partner. You must have a 4G LTE compatible device in order to use this service. If you do not, your phone will default to 3G.
- WiMax:WiMax coverage is not offered with T-Mobile.
- WiFi:T-Mobile does not provide customers with their own hotspots, but any phone capable of connecting to Wi-Fi networks can connect to any Wi-Fi network it has access to. Many places offer free wi-fi to their customers, so you can connect to those wi-fi networks, as well as your home wi-fi, or any other connection you have the password for.
Special Considerations for 3G4GLTE Coverage with T-Mobile
The coverage maps T-Mobile provides are only an estimate of where coverage should be. They do not guarantee coverage availability in any specific area, as a number of factors affect coverage speed and availability, including where you are when you use your phone, the network traffic, and the type of phone you are using.