Ting 3G4GLTE Coverage & Performance
About the Ting Wireless and Internet
Ting®[+] is a newer prepaid cell phone service provider that offers service on the Nationwide Sprint® Network. Many other prepaid providers, including EcoMobile®, Boost®, Virgin Mobile®, and Kajeet also rely on the Sprint Network to deliver their cell phone service. This allows them to provide service at a discount, because they are purchasing network space, rather than paying to build and maintain their own network.
Data Services Available from Ting
Ting offers: 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, and WiMax coverage[+], though all coverage is not in all areas. Ting makes it difficult to see data coverage on a national level. The map looks good at first glance, but the map is showing only voice coverage. You must zoom in or search your address to get a more accurate picture of the data coverage available in your area.
- 3G:The 3G map shows a lot of coverage on the east coast, with a lot of “no coverage” in the central United States, and a decent amount of 3G coverage in the Western U.S. More dead space exists in Western states.
- 4G:The only 4G coverage Ting offers is either LTE or WiMax.
- LTE:The 4G LTE map closely matches the 3G map, but you will need to zoom into a specific address to find out more about your coverage availability. It is a bit more spotty than the 3G coverage. If you not have a 4G compatible phone, you will not be able to use 4G data speeds.
- WiMax:There is not a lot of 4G WiMax coverage available through Ting. Though very little is available with Sprint because this is an emerging technology, even less is available with Ting.
- Wi-Fi:Ting does not provide their customers with wi-fi hotspots, but if you are using a compatible device, you can connect to any wi-fi network you have access to with your range. If you attempt to connect to a secured network, you must have the password before you can use it. If you have a network at home, you can connect to this to reduce the amount of mobile data you are using.
Special Considerations for 3G4GLTE Coverage with Ting
Ting’s coverage maps are not a guarantee of service availability. How much traffic is on the network at any given time, the device you are using and your location at the time of use are just a few factors that can influence coverage speed and availability. Use the map as a guideline to help you decide if the network is right for you.