Verizon 3G4GLTE Coverage & Performance
About Verizon Wireless and Internet
Verizon Wireless®[+] is one of the leading providers of cell phone coverage in the United States and across the globe. A good amount of coverage is available throughout Europe. In addition to contact cell phones, prepaid phone service is also available.
Data Services Available from Verizon
Verizon offers 3G and 4G LTE data coverage. Some of the 3G coverage is “extended” which suggests that it is offered by a partner, rather than directly by Verizon.
- 3G:On the east coast, there is plenty of 3G coverage. There are many areas, mostly west of Texas that have no coverage at all. Some places where coverage is available is limited to 3G, as the 4G network has not yet expanded to cover those areas.
- 4G:The coverage map[+] shows the only 4G coverage Verizon offers is LTE.
- LTE:LTE coverage is strong through the east coast, and in certain areas of the west coast, such as California. Once you get west of Texas, there are many more areas without 4G coverage, and plenty of areas where no coverage is available at all. Compared to the east coast, where coverage is typically available across the entire state, the west coast lacks a significant amount of coverage.
- WiMax:4G WiMax coverage is not available to Verizon customers.
- WiFi: Verizon does not offer WiFi hotspots to their customers, but if you have a Wi-Fi capable phone, then you can connect to any Wi-FI hotspot you have access to.
Special Considerations for 3G4GLTE Coverage with Verizon
The coverage maps from Verizon represent an estimation of where coverage could be available. They do not serve to guarantee coverage availability in any area, as a number of factors determine coverage availability. To use 4G LTE coverage, your device must be compatible.